Practitioner Charges for Copying Medical Records
FLORIDA ADMINISTRATIVE CODE ANNOTATED
TITLE 64. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
SUBTITLE 64B8. BOARD OF MEDICINE
CHAPTER 64B8-10. MEDICAL RECORDS RETENTION, DISPOSITION, REPRODUCTION
64B.8-10.003 Costs of Reproducing Medical Records.
- Any persons licensed pursuant to Chapter 458, F.S., required to release copies of patient medical records may condition such release upon payment by the requesting party of the reasonable costs of reproducing the records.
- Reasonable costs of reproducing copies of written or typed documents or reports shall not be more than the following:
- For the first 25 pages, the cost shall be $1.00 per page.
- For each page in excess of 25 pages, the cost shall be 25 cents.
- Reasonable costs of reproducing x-rays, and such other special kinds of records shall be the actual costs. The phrase "actual costs" means the cost of the material and supplies used to duplicate the record, as well as the labor costs and overhead costs associated with such duplication.
Source: West's Florida Statutes Annotated, 2002